NGOS & IGOs
- CARE provides emergency assistance
and development programs in small-business support, health care, nutrition, family
planning, girl's education, agriculture, and the environment.
- Carnegie Council on
Ethics and International Affairs, an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit
organization dedicated to research and education at the nexus of ethics and
- Global Policy Forum monitors global policy-making at the United Nations. Topics include the UN financial
crisis, Security Council reform, social and economic policy, and events and resources.
- Institute of World Affairs was
founded in 1924 as a non-profit, non-partisan, tax-exempt organization devoted to
international understanding, multilateralism and the peaceful resolution of conflict.
- Mennonite Central Committee is the relief and development arm of the North American Mennonite and Brethren in Christ
churches. Founded in 1920, MCC has over 700 volunteers in around 50 developing countries
around the world involved in food relief, agriculture, health, and education and social
- The Population Council is a
nongovernmental research organization established in 1952. Its New York headquarters
supports a global network of regional and country offices. The Council seeks to improve
the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world,
and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and
- Save the
Children, U.K. is Britain's leading international children's charity. Save
the Children, U.K. is committed to fighting poverty and discrimination,
protecting children from the fall-out of war and famine, and defending the
rights of the child everywhere.
US - is the United States branch of a "global information network
developed to support communication media of the people, by the people and for
- Amnesty International
- International Federation of Red Cross
& Red Crescent
- Union of International Associations is a clearing house for information on over 40,000 international organizations and
constituencies. The site also includes information on The Yearbook of International
Organizations and The Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (both now
available on CD-ROM). Over 11,000 web pages are listed on this site, accessible
- Geneva International Forum is
a gateway to hundreds of international institutions and their information resources.
- InterAction, the American
Council for Voluntary International Action is a coalition of over 150 US-based non-profits
working to promote human dignity and development in 165 countries around the world.
InterAction is the nation's leading advocate for humanitarian aid to the world's poorer
- ReliefNet offers a
comprehensive listing and description of NGOs and others involved in emergency relief,
disaster preparedness, development assistance, and medical assistance. Also included are
links to those organizations that have their own web sites.
- (South African) SANGO Net - is a
regional electronic information and communications network for development and human rights workers.
- United Nations Youth Association of Australia (UNYA) - is a dynamic youth organization
involved with the representation and education of Australia's youth.