Int'l Law & Organization
NGOs & IGOs
July 07, 2006
All rights reserved.
rjbeck AT uwm DOT edu
Dictionaries | Encyclopedias/Almanacs
- Dictionaries -
- Dictionaries - Domestic (U.S.) Law
- Dictionaries - English Language
- American Heritage® Dictionary,
Unabridged, Third Edition, contains over 350,000 entries and meanings
- Dictionary, Thesaurus, a Literature Reference Library, and a Search
Engine all in one
- multiple dictionaries, including foreign language and specialty
Errors in English - developed by Paul
Brians, arranged alphabetically, with supplementary pages
Hyperdictionary - a "metadictionary" that displays definitions with each individual word in the definition hyperlinked to its
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th
edition, the largest one-volume general encyclopedia available
- CIA World Factbook
- FedStats is the new window on the full range of official statistical information available to the public from the Federal Government. Use the Internet's powerful linking and searching capabilities to track economic and population trends, health care costs, aviation safety, foreign trade, energy use, farm production, and more.
- Information Please Almanacs- You may search all of the Information Please almanacs, including the sports and entertainment almanacs or use the A -Z Alphabetical Index of the General, Entertainment, and Sports Almanacs.
Nolo - Legal
Encyclopedia - Plain-English articles on legal topics
Language Tools: Quotations, English Usage, Thesaurus
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations
- Simpsons Contemporary
Quotations provides over 10,000 quotes from over 4000 sources, including 25 categories of quotes, and 60 sections, ranging from love to criminology.
- The American Heritage® Book of
English Usage, A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary
- Rogets II: The New
Thesaurus contains 35,000 synonyms, in an easy-to-use format that eschews the traditionally classified or category-indexed thesaurus of old. It also contains succinct
definitions as well as synonyms, and numerous cross-references.
- Garbl's Writing Center,
an editorial style manual, annotated directory of writing
Web sites, concise writing guide, personalized advice and writing forum.