Dictionaries - Domestic (U.S.) Law
- Duhaime's Law Dictionary
- Legal Lexicon's Lyceum of the "Lectric Law Library" - "What many consider the Net's Best Law Dictionary with Thousands of Definitions & Explanations of Legal Terms, Phrases & Concepts."
- A Law Dictionary Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States of America and of the Several States of the American Union, by John Bouvier, Revised Sixth Edition, 1856
- Law.com Dictionary, "The Real Life Dictionary of the Law"
- Legal Dictionary (FindLaw)
- Nolo - Everybody's Legal Dictionary
Dictionaries - English Language
- American Heritage © Dictionary, Unabridged, Third Edition, contains over 350,000 entries and meanings
- thefreedictionary.com - Dictionary, Thesaurus, a Literature Reference Library, and a Search Engine all in one
- YourDictionary.com - multiple dictionaries, including foreign language and specialty
- The Hyperdictionary - a "metadictionary" that displays definitions with each individual word in the definition hyperlinked to its definition.
- Oxford English Dictionaryia
- Encyclopedia.com - Search over 100 encyclopedias and domains.
- Factbook - CIA World Factbook
- FedStats is the new window on the full range of official statistical information available to the public from the Federal Government. Use the Internet's powerful linking and searching capabilities to track economic and population trends, health care costs, aviation safety, foreign trade, energy use, farm production, and more.
- Information Please Almanacs- You may search all of the Information Please almanacs, including the sports and entertainment almanacs or use the A -Z Alphabetical Index of the General, Entertainment, and Sports Almanacs.
- Nolo - Legal Encyclopedia - Plain-English articles on legal topics
English Language Tools: Quotations, English Usage, Thesaurus
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations
- Simpsons Contemporary Quotations provides over 10,000 quotes from over 4000 sources, including 25 categories of quotes, and 60 sections, ranging from love to criminology.
- The American Heritage® Book of English Usage, A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English
- Rogets II: The New Thesaurus contains 35,000 synonyms, in an easy-to-use format that eschews the traditionally classified or category-indexed thesaurus of old. It also contains succinct definitions as well as synonyms, and numerous cross-references.
- Garbl's Writing Center, an editorial style manual, annotated directory of writing Web sites, concise writing guide, personalized advice and writing forum.
- Pen to Paper, a guide to common grammar and punctuation errors