Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program
University of Virginia
Degree Program Requirements:
- Required Hours
- 30 semester hours
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 must be maintained. All grades earned
are figured into the GPA.
- Only courses in which at least a C is achieved will be applied toward
the degree; however, GPA calculation includes all grades.
- Academic Probation
- A student is placed on academic probation when his or her GPA falls
below 3.0. If the GPA has not been raised to 3.0 by completion of the next
three courses, the student will be subject to dismissal from the program.
- The student will be offered admission by letter, a copy of which must be
signed and dated by the student and returned to the Graduate Records Office
by completion of the second course. Otherwise, the student is no longer
eligible to enroll in the Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program courses.
Until a signed acceptance is submitted, the student is not matriculated with
the University of Virginia.
- Plan of Study
- A plan of study should be completed and submitted to the Graduate Records
Office by mid-term of the second semester. The plan can be altered later if
program changes are made.
- Transferring Courses
- A transfer form should be submitted with the plan of study if classes
taken at other participating universities are to be applied toward a
University of Virginia degree. Check individual degree programs for
number of hours which may be transferred.
- Degree Application
- During the semester prior to the one in which the student plans to
graduate, a degree application must be submitted to the Graduate Records
Office, along with the appropriate fee.
Contact for Application Status and Graduation Information:
UVA Graduate Records Office
Contact for General Program Information:
Televised Graduate Engineering Program Office
434-924-4051 (or call collect: 434-924-4075)
Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program.
Mail your comments to
Last modified: February 5, 2002