The Indian Economic |
and Social History Review
Volume XXXVII Number 4 October-December
PHILIP CONSTABLE / Sitting On the school verandah: The
ideology and practice of 'untouchable' educational protest
in late nineteenth century western India, p. 383
PRATHAMA BANERIGE / Debt, time and extravagance: Money
and the making of 'primitives' in colonial Bengal, p.
RANABIR SAMADDAR / Leaders and publics: Stories in the
time of transition, p. 447
Index to Volume XXXVII, p. 497
- A.R. Vasavi, Harbingers of Ram: Land and Life in
South India, by Baruka Yanagisawa, p. 479
- Neera Chandhoke, Beyond Secularism: The Rights
of Religious Minorities, by Jawed Alam, p. 481
- Paut Erik Bank, Plantation, Production and Political
Power: Plantation Development in South-west India in a Long
Term Historical Perspective, 1743-1963, by V.J.
Varghese, p. 484
- M. Mufakhaml Islam, Irrigation, Agriculture and the
Raj: Punjab, 1887-1947, by David Gilmartin, p.
- S. Irfan Habib and Diane Raina, eds, Situating the
History ofScience: Dialogues with Joseph Needham, by
Nasir Tyabji, p. 488
- Meena Bhargava, State, Society and Ecology: Gorakhpur
in Transition, /750-1830, by Tirthankar Roy, p.
- Arthur Kleinman, Veena Dos and Margaret Lock, eds,
Social Suffering, by Suvir Kind, p. 491
- Geoffrey Oddie, Missionaries, Rebellion and Proto-
Nationalism: James Long of Bengal, 1814-1887, by
Prabhu Guptara, p. 494
Back to the top.
Indian Economic and Social History Review page |
H-Net Asia -
Journals (Tables of Contents) |
South Asia Journals and Newspapers
Webbed by Philip McEldowney
Friday, 16 October 2009.