I am a PhD student entering my fifth year at the University of Virgnia, studying with Professor David Sherman.
My interests include functional analysis, operator theory, and operator algebras. My specialized interests are currently in structural properties and finite dimensional approximations for C*-algebras (including universal C*-algebras determined by relations) and operator systems.
- (with T. Shulman) Elements of C*-algebras Attaining Their Norm in a Finite-Dimensional Representation, preprint 2017. arXiv 1707.01949
- GPOTS 2017: "Finite Dimensionally Normed Elements in an RFD C*-algebra."
- NCGOA 2017: "Finite Dimensionally Normed Elements in an RFD C*-algebra." ( Slides )
- US Naval Academy Operator Algebras Seminar, April 24, 2017: "Finite Dimensional Norm Attaining Elements and Finitely Represented C*-algebras."
- Virginia Commonwealth University Analysis, Logic, and Physics Seminar, April 21, 2017: "Residual Finite Dimensionality and Universal Norms from an Element-ary Perspective."
- UT Dresden Institute of Geometry Seminar, March 28, 2017: "Finite Dimensional Norm Attaining Elements and Finitely Represented C*-algebras."
- University of New Hampshire Seminar, February 3, February 10, 2017: "Spaces of Norm Attaining Elements, Parts I and II."
- University of Virginia Operator Theory Seminar, August 30, September 6, 13, and 20, 2016: "The WEP, the LLP, and some related conjectures according to Kirchberg," four part lecture series. (Lecture Notes)
- University of Virginia Graduate Seminar, January 29, 2016: "Norms of Binomials on Matrix Algebras."
- Graduate Education Mentoring Workshop, Joint Mathematics Meetings, January 5, 2016: "Norms of Binomials on Matrix Algebras."
- University of Virginia Operator Theory Seminar, September 9 and September 29, 2015: "The full C*-algebra of the free group on two generators, Parts I & I."
- GPOTS 2017, TCU
- NCGOA 2017, Vanderbilt University
- IRP Operator Algebras: Dynamics and Interactions 2017, Centre de Recerca Matemàtica
- JMM 2017, Atlanta, GA
- Structure and Classification of C*-algebras 2016, IMPAN
- VOTCAM 2016, University of Richmond
- COSy 2016, Université de Montréal
- GPOTS 2016, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- JMM 2016, Seattle, WA
- VOTCAM 2015, Washington and Lee University
- MAA Mathfest 2015 Washington, DC
- COSy 2015, University of Waterloo
- GPOTS 2015, Purdue University
- VOTCAM 2014, Washington and Lee University
Summer 2017: MATH 5305 Proofs in Analysis.
UVA Math Graduate Seminar
I am currently chairing the UVA math graduate student seminar. Check out our calendar.
I am an avid open water swimmer and US Master's Swimming Member. Check out the hardware.
I love to cook and love to eat (see top photo).
I'm often spotted with this lovely creature , here pictured in the act of coaxing a squirrel from a tree.