Joshua Pritikin's Home Page at University of Virginia
I started graduate school at University of Virginia fall 2011.
My area of concentration is quantitative psychology.
My advisors are Steven Boker
and Karen Schmidt.
I encourage you to visit my political activism page.
Substantiative Research Interests
- Positive & other areas of psychology
- Music Learning Theory
I am currently working on a
mental silence disposition scale (5 min).
I would like to thank the following sites for listing my survey:
- 2007-2009 University of Oregon, B.S. Psychology (honors)
- 1990-1992 Carnegie Mellon University (incomplete)
Pritikin, J. N., & Schmidt, K. (2013, March). A self-report measure for familiarity with mental silence. Spirituality in the 21st Century: At the Interface of Theory, Praxis and Pedagogy, Lisbon, Portugal. PDF
Pritikin, J. N. (2007). We ought to characterize dyadic prospects. International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction: Doctoral Consortium, Lisbon, Portugal. PDF
Lab Teaching Assistant
- PSYC 4006 Intro Stats 2 (undergrad), Spring 2013
- PSYC 3006 Intro Stats 2 (undergrad), Fall 2012
- PSYC 3006 Intro Stats 2 (undergrad), Spring 2012
- PSYC 3005 Intro Stats 1 (undergrad), Fall 2011
- 2013 Mar 28, A new implementation of Item Factor Analysis: Accuracy, flexibility, and speed (Quantitative Lunch) PDF
- 2012 Nov 01, Navigating the bowels of Marginal Maximum Likelihood: An expectation-maximization Item Response Theory estimation algorithm (Quantitative Lunch) PDF
- 2012 Apr 19, Is there a link between flow and meditation? (Quantitative Lunch) PDF
- 2011 Dec 05, Oscillation around non-stationary equilibria (Quantitative Lunch) PDF
Awards and Honors
2008-2009 Osher Reentry scholarship $4500
Office: 1023 Millmont St, Room 209B
Office hours (valid until May 2013):
- Fri 12-2pm @ Gilmer 183
- or by appointment
Google Talk: email@example.com
Skype ID: jpritikin