The native genre of born-digital scholarship is the "thematic research collection"
Thematic Research Collections are:
1. Necessarily electronic (because of the cost of 2, 3, 8)
2. Constituted of heterogeneous datatypes (multimedia)
3. Extensive but thematically coherent
4. Structured but open-ended
5. Designed to support research
6. Authored (and usually multi-author)
8. Collections of digital primary resources (and they
are themselves second-generation digital resources).
Examples: Uncle Tom's Cabin and American Culture
The Tibetan and Himalayan Digital Library
The William Blake Archive