Department of Mathematics
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400137
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4137, USA
Office: Kerchof 227
Phone: (1) 434 924 4926
Fax: (1) 434 982 3084
Spring 2013: I am teaching two sections of MATH 2310 (Calculus III).
Fall 2012: I taught MATH 7310 (Real Analysis and Linear Spaces I).
Spring 2012: I taught MATH 5653 (Number Theory), which is combined with MATH 5830 (Seminar) for Distinguished Majors.
Fall 2011: I taught two sections of MATH 3351 (Elementary Linear Algebra).
Spring 2011: I taught two sections of MATH 3351 (Elementary Linear Algebra).
Fall 2010: On Sesqui leave (sabbatical).
Spring 2010: I taught MATH 5220 (Partial Differential Equations and Applied Mathematics).
Fall 2009: I taught MATH 5210 (Advanced Calculus and Applied Mathematics) as well as MATH 4040 (Discrete Mathematics).
Spring 2009: I taught the advanced graduate course MATH 845 (Topics in Mathematical Physics).
Fall 2008: I taught MATH 521 (Advanced Calculus and Applied Mathematics).
Spring 2008: On leave from teaching.
Fall 2007: I taught Section 5 and Section 8 of MATH 132 (Calculus 2).
- Member of the Editorial Board for Journal of Mathematical Physics.
- Co-organizer for the upcoming thematic program "Combinatorics, geometry and physics", June 2-July 31 2014, to be held at the Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematical Physics, Vienna.
- Co-organizer of the Quantum Field Theory Session at the 2012 International Congress on Mathematical Physics.
- Section Editor for the journal Annales Henri Poincaré .
- IMS (Institute of Mathematical Science) committee: fall 2009, spring 2010.
- Undergraduate advising: fall 2008, spring 2009, fall 2009. See this page for more information.
- Transfer of Credit Advisor for Mathematics at UVa: fall 2007, spring 2008, fall 2008, fall 2009 and spring 2010. See this page for more information.
- Faculty organizer for the UVa Math Club: fall 2007, fall 2008 (with D. Sherman), spring 2009 (with I. Mitrea).
- I have co-organized the conference on "Combinatorial Identities and Their Applications in Statistical Mechanics", April 7 to April 11 2008, at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK.